Dermal Fillers Adelaide
Dr Margaret Anderson provides dermal fillers to her patients in Adelaide who wish to add volume and reduce the appearance of wrinkles
Injectable dermal fillers reduce and soften wrinkles, enhance features, add and restore volume to the face.
With time, the mid-face flattens, tear trough hollows under the eyes appear, the naso-labial folds deepen and oral commissures give the mouth a downturned appearance. Lips atrophy and peri-oral lines can appear. All these effects of aging, due to volume loss, are improved or corrected using dermal fillers. In addition, the jaw-line, chin, hands and acne scars can also be treated.
Some factors that could make you unsuitable to receive dermal fillers include:
- An allergy to any of the ingredients
- Active inflammation
- Infection in the treatment area or elsewhere
- Unrealistic expectations
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Bruising, redness, swelling, itching, an inflammatory reaction of the lips or an allergic hypersensitivity (1 in 1400).
- Infections with redness and swelling is rare.
- If the filler is too superficial for patients with thin skin, a bluish discolouration may be seen called the Tyndall effect.
- Peri-orbital lumps and bumps.
- Tissue necrosis, if injected into an artery or compression of vessels with over correction.
Late complications that may (or rarely) be seen include:
Nodules, cysts, granuloma, and abscesses, seen more with permanent fillers.
Areas that can be treated:
- Nasolabial folds
- Oral commissures
- Peri oral lines
- Tear trough
- Cheek bones