Dr Margaret Anderson will thoroughly prepare you with all the information you need prior to your breast augmentation at her Adelaide practice
Dr Margaret Anderson aspires to help any woman who is not confident or happy with the appearance of her breasts, however there are certain factors that need to be considered before committing to surgery.
Breast augmentation is a surgical procedure to cosmetically enhance the size and shape of a woman’s breasts using implants. The insertion of breast implants gives breasts a fuller and larger appearance. The main determining factor is your general health, but you should also consider the following:
Why do people get breast implants?
This procedure is for women who wish to improve their breast size and shape because of:
- Uneven breasts
- Improve breast shape and size following childbirth
- Improve breast shape and size following significant weight loss
- Correct a congenital deformity of one or both breasts
- Inadequate volume of breast tissue
- Psychological reasons – acting outwardly confident and sociable, but inwardly may have low self-esteem or poor self-confidence. Studies have confirmed significant positive effects post operatively.
Am I a good candidate for breast augmentation surgery?
- 18 years of age or older?
- Not currently pregnant or nursing?
- In good physical and emotional health?
- Wanting to improve the appearance of your breasts?
- Realistic about your expectations?
- Preparing for your surgery
Before your surgery, take the opportunity to ask all the questions you have about the procedure. You should also tell your surgeon about any allergies you have (to foods, drugs, environmental elements), any previous breast surgeries or breast symptoms and if you bruise easily with injury. Try to schedule surgery at a time other than your menstrual period and remember to arrange for someone to drive you home after surgery.